Selling a House While Going Through Divorce
Selling a House While Going Through Divorce? Fill out the Form, or Call Houston Direct Home Buyers Today!
Throughout the course of our business, we have worked with many clients going through a variety of personal struggles, such as divorce. Divorce is difficult enough in itself without also having to think about selling your largest asset – your home! Fortunately, we are experienced in this type of situation and can make this process as smooth as possible.
Here are some things to keep in mind while selling your house:
- Take care of yourself. Get help from a friend who will not only listen, but will help keep you accountable to do what you need to do. It’s important to have support through this process.
- Know your title and mortgage. Be sure to have a clear understanding of what each entails with your attorney and the judge presiding over the proceedings so that there are no surprises.
- Keep good records. You don’t have to be a sophisticated lawyer, just keep a copy of everything in a safe place.
- Hire a real estate person familiar with divorce. If you are unsure whether to list with an agent or sell directly to a buyer like Houston Direct Home Buyers, see our Direct vs Listing page, where we compare the options.
- Take everything when you move out. Make as clean a break as possible. Although painful, it’s better for both parties emotionally and legally. If your spouse is the one moving out, collect their things and store it separately.
- Do your own investigation. If you’re not sure who is on the title and mortgage, ask your attorney. You can also visit your county clerk’s office and ask to see the records tied to your property. For more tips, check out these resources.
Houston Direct Home Buyers is here to listen and help make selling a house while going through divorce as painless as possible, allowing you to move on. We can go through all your options and help you make the best decision for your unique situation. Fill out the form or call TODAY. (281) 738-5050